Advance Directives in Post-Acute Care Course
Patients have the right to make decisions about their care. They have this right under the United States Constitution. They keep this right even when they are no longer able to communicate their decisions.
An advance directive is a legal document that helps protect this right.
This course will help you:
- Protect patient rights related to advance directives.
- Remain compliant with The Joint Commission standards on advance directives.
You will learn about:
- Types of advance directives
- When and how advance directives take effect
- Your role in making sure that advance directives work