Latex Allergy in Healthcare
Latex allergy can be very difficult for some people, and may limit their activities, careers, or even food choices. In some cases, it is even life threatening.
The Allergy and Asthma Foundation of America estimates that there are two hundred cases of anaphylaxis per year in the United States, and ten deaths per year due to latex allergy.
This course will teach you what you need to know to:
- Identify patients who are likely to be latex-sensitive.
- Protect latex-sensitive patients and staff in the home healthcare setting.
You will learn about:
- What latex allergy is and what causes it
- Risk factors for latex allergy
- Different types of latex reactions
- What to do if you, a coworker, or a patient is allergic to latex