Medication Safety II
This course will help you keep your patients safe from drug errors and keep yourself safe when working with hazardous drugs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the features of adverse drug events (ADEs) that can assist in their recognition to promote positive patient outcomes.
- Discuss ways to reduce the risk of drug interactions in patients to increase patient safety.
- Explain ways to increase the safe use of high-risk drugs in patients to increase patient safety.
- List methods for limiting your exposure to hazardous drugs that will help ensure healthcare worker safety.
- Identify methods to increase the safe use of medical gases in patient care to increase patient safety.