Pain management is good medicine in several ways:
- Ethically: Clinicians have an ethical obligation to relieve pain and suffering.
- Clinically: Good pain management can promote clinical healing. This means shorter hospital stays and fewer readmissions.
- From a regulatory standpoint: Regulatory standards require clinicians to assess and treat pain.
You will learn how to manage pain in your patients.
You will learn:
- The definition of pain
- The benefits of managing pain effectively
- Best practices and guidelines for assessing pain
- Best practices and guidelines for managing pain